🌙 First Love
I once held the moon
In the hollow of my palm —
My life bloomed,
Eightfold in joy.
Time after time
I swallowed it all —
Even the things
I never wished to taste,
In wisdom, never…
Yet in illusion, I did.
We stayed apart, perhaps,
But never truly let go —
For when light falls upon the past,
Only a lover or a wife
Knows how bare a man can be.
Every love ends
When thirst is quenched —
Yet none escape
The maze of affection
And mystery entwined.
The one I showed my address,
Each hidden corner,
The one who knew
The secret curve of my waist,
Who heard
The murmurs of my sickness,
Who knew —
My madness speaks its own tongue...
To her, I am an open book.
And when love ends,
As lovers burn their letters
In quiet flames —
Even after the ashes fade,
My love remains,
Its dust still drifts,
Softly,
Through the wind...
Comments
Post a Comment